Sunday, January 31, 2010

Just Desserts


I am a fan of list. Writing a list of things to get done in the day. What I need when I go out shopping, how I go about cleaning my room. I know it's a little OCD but it keeps me focus. Today, another item was put on "My 2010 Year List"..... DIANE'S GOING ON A CRUISE!!! It's a 4 day cruise that leaves out of Miami and goes to Key West and Cozemule for my brother's fiances bachelorette party! I'm super excited! 


Something else I'm excited for is my baking adventures for tonight. I'm going to try to bake chocolate chip cookies. Please understand the key word is "try". My first cake didn't contain any vanilla extract just anise extract. It looked like a cake, it smelled like a italian cookie and tasted like an italian cookie that should have been thrown out a week ago. My second cake, was a step above the first. It contain the right extract but it didn't rise. How can a cake not rise!!! It was discouraging and I haven't baked since then. It's time I try again. I am going to master these chocolate chip cookies. It contains two sticks of butter which need to be at room temperature. I put the butter near the wood burning fire for a few hours. The key to baking is butter. I never knew that. Honestly, I don't know much about cooking or baking but I am really excited to figure it out. 


Earlier, I successfully made popcorn on the stove top.
Future advise: Use a much bigger pan or less kernels.

No comments:

Post a Comment